The Fuel Retailer Association Of Southern Africa (FRA) is a registered employers organization under the provisions of the Labour Relations Act, 66 of 1995.
The FRA, is a financially independent and fully autonomous association that ensures the survival and success for all its members who are Fuel Service Station Owners in the retailing of fuel in South Africa.
The Association monitors and becomes involved wherever necessary with all aspects of retail fuel governance, distribution and sales in South Africa in order to protect and enhance Fuel Retailer’s Interest. The Association’s Income base is through membership fees.
To create a robust, sustainable environment that provides a reasonable return on investment for all efficient Fuel Retailers.
The primary objective of the FRA is to promote and protect the best interests of Fuels Retailers and its members in particular.
To engage with all stakeholders to facilitate and promote open and transparent communications to ensure the industry is prepared for 2010 and beyond.
1. Fuel Retailers Association of Southern Africa (FRA) was and still is a Registered Employers’ Organisation under the provisions of the Labour Relations Act, 66 of 1995.
2. Fuel Retailers Association of Southern Africa (FRA), previously known as the Service Station Association, was formerly registered with the Registrar of Labour Relations on 11th November 1996 and changed its name to Fuel Retailers Association of Southern African (FRA) on 13th February 1998.
3. Membership of the Fuel Retailers Association of Southern Africa (FRA) is limited to Entrepreneurs in the Republic of South Africa who are engaged in activities relating to the retailing of liquid petroleum and / or provision of services usually associated with such activities.
4. In terms of the provisions of the Constitution of the Fuel Retailers Association of Southern Africa (FRA), the Governance Structure of the Association is vested in a Board .
5. Fuel Retailers Association of Southern Africa (Incorporated Under Section 21), is a Public Company, Limited by Guarantee, incorporated under the provisions of the Companies Act, 61 of 1973 on 5th January 2001.
6. The main objective and main business of Fuel Retailers Association of Southern Africa (Incorporated Under Section 21) as pronounced in its Memorandum of Association is: “to observe, consult and negotiate on an industry basis on any issue relevant to the well being and enhancement of fuel retailers”.